Thursday, November 30, 2006

Conversation with a 10 yr old (and a 5 yr old interloper), 3

Took my daughter to the eye doctor today. My son was along for the ride, as usual. After 15 minutes waiting in the lobby, and a 30 minute exam by the nurse practioner, we were told the doctor would be in to see us in a few minutes. Ten minutes later, the natives were restless and not behaving very well. My daughter makes up a song using the doctor's name:

Dr. Beggs, we beg you,
Please hurry up.


Just those two lines repeated over and over. Their attempts to entertain themselves were wearing on my nerves, but when I called a halt to it, I elicited the well known child's lament:

Her: I want the doctor to come now! There's nothing to do!

Me: Hey, I know! Why don't you fuss and complain a bunch, and entertain yourself by bugging the heck out of me? Oh wait... you're already doing that!

Him: Heeheeheehee! Wheeeeeeeeee!

No comments: